Local Accountant - Wigney and Associates - Torrens Road
Built c1876 and known as the Nimble Nine Pence, now Gilbert Patch
IGA Friendly. 51 Torrens Road,owned by Neville and Bernadette
Privately owned Railway Station Complex, opened in 1869. Not available to visit.
Hairdressers - Torrens Road
Fishers Garage - Torrens Road
Gilbert Valley Senior Citizens Home - Masters Street. Aged Care Facility catering
for 27 beds, with 17 adjoining units. Contact Lesley Smith 88472307
Situated on the corner of Torrens and Oxford Road, within the Caravan Park Complex
Combined Emergency Services Centre - 16 Torrens Road, opened in 1974
Private Residence - 43 Torrens Road, built in1885 as the National Bank and residence,
the original bank vault remains behind the entrance doors.
Erected in 1854, licensed in 1857, currently managered by John and Annie
Mike & Sue's IGA - 37 Torrens Road, built in 1857
Riverton Primary School - opened in 1866. The original teachers residence and
school room are now the Administration area
Vin Callery Transport
Built in 1880
Built in 1904, corner of Swindon and Masters Street
Stuff and Nonsense -44 Torrens Road. Built as a garage c1910
jules INTERNET CAFE, opened in January 2008. Winner of the 2008 Clare & Gilbert Valley
" Best New Business" 2009 SA Great " Business Award " and the
2010 Mayoral Award for "Re-energising commercial properties in Riverton"
The old emporium and residence, built c 1874
Riverton Deli, built in 1859
Bakery, diner and private residence - 17 Torrens Road, built pre 1872
Post Office, built in 1876. The telephone exchange was added in 1910 and the automatic
commenced in 1982. The original facade remains the same
RSL Meeting Room - Torrens Road
Built 1858 by James Mason and other local pioneers. It has a handmade wooden
staircase leading to the gallery.
Riverton & Districts Soldiers Memorial Hospital -Moorhouse Road. Erected in 1923 by
the community as a memorial to the men and women who enlisted from the district during WW1.
Contains acute, long stay and an aged care facility
Riverton Newsagency - 36 Torrens Road. Built c1866
Riverton Playground in the grounds of the Caravan Park
Now where to go ?
Light Gallery - 54 Torrens Road. Built c1916 as a garage. Studio of Robert " Alfie " Hannaford.
Open Sunday 11am - 4pm or by appointment 88472639.
Built in 1963
Originally the Savings Bank of S.A., opened in 1930
Riverton Bowling Club, opened in 1930. the original clubhouse was opened in 1936
Riverton Police Station. In 1866 the Foundation Stone was laid.
Originally a police station, residence, stables and Cells
Riverton Community Centre / Town Hall, erected in 1874 as a single story Institute
Avenue of Sugar Gums planted by the Community in 1906
jules CAFE with INTERNET, commenced trading January 23, 2008
Riverton Community Town Hall
The old 'Coffee Palace', now private residence and studio
Pioneer Park, established in 1856 as the Anglican Cemetery and later became a general cemetery
Built in 1879 as the English,Scottish and Australian Bank. Also contains the RSL.
Hotel Central, built in 1854 by James Mason Elliot, blacksmith and veterinary surgeon
Riverton Town Hall, erected in 1874 at the Cost of 1,000 pounds
Scholz Park Museum, Torrens Road
Scholz Park Museum, open on Sunday 1 - 3pm, contact John 88472128